- Always close a book when you’ve finished reading and put a bookmark in it. If you leave your book face down and sprawled open, you’ll damage the spine.
- Don’t put the milk carton, ketchup bottle, mayonnaise jar, etc. on the dining room table. Transfer the contents to a bowl and put the bowl on the table.
- If somebody is still sitting at the table and eating, sit with them till they’ve finished.
- Don’t scratch your private places in public.
- Don’t pick the flowers in the neighbor’s garden without asking permission.
- Separate the whites and the colors when you do your laundry.
- Give your seat on the bus to an older person.
Things my mother told me to do… that I now ignore:
- Don’t lick your plate.
- A nice girl never lets a boy know how much she likes him.
- Nice girls don’t show their emotions.
- Don’t just sniff; blow your nose.
- Don’t drink right out of the milk/orange juice carton.
- You know, the birds aren’t really talking to you.
What advice did your mother give you? And how are you doing with following it?